Thursday, May 24, 2007

MRS. STENKLYFT'S DOLPHIN QUILT


Before Christmas 2006 I was talking to Kyleigh about making her a crazy quilt fish vest. She asked if I had any dolphin fabric, and we looked and I did. She said that her teacher, Mrs. Stenkylft really needed a quilt for the classroom, as their class was called The Dolphins. I asked her if she wanted me to do the quilt or the vest first, and she wanted the quilt made first. Kyleigh and I delivered it on May 14, 2006, and Mrs. Stenklyft was thrilled, almost to tears. She is going to hang it above the marine fish tank the class has. I really didn't want to cut all the dolphin fabric up into so they were not recognizable, so it is just very simple pieces of fabric sewn together, and then I made the letters.








Kyleigh designed the label for me and I printed it onto fabric.

4 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

Way cool quilt and label Karrin--you know how I love Kyleigh's artwork!

WIPPYSPLACE said...

dont you just hate to cut up that one piece of fabric that screams to be left alone? I love what you did and Kyleigh's artwork is the best!

Susan said...

I totally understand how her teacher felt, receiving this as a special gift. She'll never forget Kyleigh, and Kyleigh will remember her, too. What a great quilt! Love your letters,

Gail said...

The quilt turned out wonderfully and that lable, so darling. I can imagine how thrilled Kyleigh's teacher is, what a very special gift.